Thursday, May 1, 2008

Preparing for Triplets

When people find out I'm having triplets, I'm often asked "Are you ready?" I'm not sure one can ever be ready for three infants, but I'm trying to be as prepared as possible. I'm a pretty organized person and right now I consider my nursery pretty organized.

In the closet...we bought these closet organizers so all the clothes are hung according to size.

Also I made cards to label all the bins in the top of the closet.

In the dresser...all the clothes are washed and ready to go. I also made cards to label the drawers.

The drawers are organized too. The boys clothes are on the left, neutral clothes in the middle and girl clothes to the right. (I know I won't have time to be that organized once they arrive, but I did since I have the time now.)

In the kitchen...I bought a shelf to hold all the bottles. If our trio eats every four hours, we'll use 24 bottles every 24 hours. So I figured I'd need a way to keep up with all the bottles.

The card label has a picture of the type of bottle in each drawer. I included a picture of the bottle to help our friend volunteers (who don't know an Avent from a Dr. Brown's) when they clean, sort or make bottles.

We have completed our new playroom (formerly known as the dining room). My mom painted the walls yesterday. We framed nursery rhymes which are hanging on the back wall. It isn't too spacious, but it will work until we can purchase a new house. You may wonder why we have two gliders and why they aren't in the nursery? We figure with three infants...we'll have times when two or three need to be rocked at the same time. Also with multiples...you can't have a glider in the nursery since one might be sleeping while I another one that is wailing (crying).


Recently I purchased a few preemie clothes. Below is picture...I think they are so cute. I included a ruler so you can see the size. The onesie is just 10 in long.


We had another doctor's appointment today. Everything is continuing to look really good. Please keep praying my body will hold on for another eight weeks! The doc estimates that Beau is just over 2 lbs and the girls are just under 2 lbs.

Our doctors are pretty surprised by our lack of issues with our pregnancy so far. I know it is because of all the prayers from our friends and family. We thank you!!

Related to bed rest...right now I'm on modified bed rest. My doctor wanted me off work at 21 weeks (at the start of April) to allow me to rest more during the day. So I usually rest most of the day with a trip out of the house for lunch and a quick errand. In the coming weeks, my doctors will place me on full bed rest which means I can only get out of bed for bathroom breaks and a daily shower. Following that...I'll be admitted to the hospital for more bed rest, constant monitoring and medication. The triplet friends I know ended up on full bed rest around 25-27 weeks and hospitalization around 29-30 weeks. I know my freedom will be limited really soon...that should explain why the nursery and playroom are ready to go. The longer I can hold off for hospitalization...hopefully the longer the pregnancy. Our doctor explained to us that once we are hospitalized, they only have a certain number of tricks that can hold off delivery.

Thanks again for all your prayers!

19 comments:

Mark and Melissa Taylor said...

I love the organization. You are a girl after my own heart. You will be glad that all of this got done before they arrived! Good luck to you for the rest of your pregnancy.

The Buks said...

Sam and Hollee,
I don't know if Sam will remember me or not, but my name is Melissa Bukovatz, my maiden name Morrisett. My grandparents go to church with Jack and Betty James and my mom grew up with Linda and Sam's uncle David. Anyhow, I spoke with your mother-in-law, Linda when you first found that you were having triplets. She gave me your blog address and I have really enjoyed keeping up with how things are going. All FIVE of you have been in my daily prayers. My husband, Greg, and I had twin boys in December. Multiples are SO much fun! We also have a son that just turned 2 on April 14th. I just wanted to "introduce" myself and let you all know we are thinking of you in the coming days and weeks. Our family has a blog as well... www.thebukboys.blogspot.com. I would love for you to see the boys! I also wanted to tell you what a precious blog you have! You did a fantastic job designing it. (If you have free time, HaHa, you can make me one!) Anyhow, many blessings!

Gina Savage said...

You will be so glad you have all of this done. I washed up Gracie's little outfits last weekend. She had a lot of preemie I had forgotten about. She had fun trying then on her baby dolls. Now she is one of the tallest kids in her class and keeps us busy daily all of her activites. Time flies by. Enjoy your me time. We'll keep you guys in our prayers.

lyla said...

you look like you are ready to go--good thing you are so organized. that will help you so much! everything looks precious and READY! i'll keep on praying for you to keep 'em cookin as long as possible. :) you are doing amazingly well so far--good luck!

Damon and Amy said...

Sam and Hollee,

You guys are so organized!! I am impressed. This will be a breeze...just kidding. Well, I am anxious to see pictures of your three bundles of joy when the time comes.

mandiandjosh said...

I knew from the get go that you would be the most organized and efficent mom there could be! I mean you did organize your receipts in college! I love reading about all that is going on with you guys. We will keep praying for all of you!

Anonymous said...

so glad you are doing great! God is GOOD! praying for you! jenn

Bunch of Oranges said...

You are definitely one of those great organized people and you always have been.... those qualities are really going to come in handy being a mom... They make me feel like Super Mom (when I AM organized :) You are going to be great! I can't believe its almost time.... You will all be in our prayers!

Nicole Philen said...

I gave you a shout out for doing my blog! So, if you start getting loads of requests....blame me :-)

Sydni said...

I saw the awesome blog design you did on Nicole's (Modern Day Missy) blog. Can you tell me how to do blog designs? I can digital scrapbook, but haven't made the jump from that to blog designs.... maybe they aren't even related. Sorry to bother you with this as I'm sure you are QUITE pre-occupied with the coming trio! My e-mail is csphillips@q.com. Once again, congrats on your babies and all the best. I love your organization.

*Kendra* said...

It's fun to look at all the little preemie outfits that we had for Cassidee and she was an 8 pound baby. It drove me crazy that nothing "newborn" fit so she had tiny stuff. Her first easter dress was premie and it is sooo small!

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

Glad you're getting lots of stuff done now. You're on the ball with the organization. It's definitely a good trait to have with triplets. :) The play room looks so cute, too. Ya'll will be fine in your house. We've survived in ours...would love something a little more spacious, but not until we can afford it. You make do with what you have. Having a smaller house forces me to keep stuff cleaned out, too, because we just don't have room for lots of "clutter" and "stuff". Glad everything's still going so good with the pregnancy. That's a blessing!

Robyn said...

Wow--you are really on the ball with being prepared, and it will sure pay off! The playroom looks so cute. Y'all are sure in our prayers.

Suzanne said...

woman! you are doing a fanastic job!!! kudos to you for all of your organization--YOU WILL BE SO HAPPY THAT YOU DID IT THIS WAY! believe me! it looks so similar to everything we have done! know that we are praying for you!!! so exciting!!!

Elizabeth said...

Hey I found your blog through Linda G's. blog. I am a night nanny for the Gerwer quads and also friends with the Suzanne S. Let me tell you that you will be so glad that you spend the time to organize everything. TRUST me it will make a difference!!! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!!

Joni said...

I had lunch with Jennifer M today in Memphis and she told me about your trio on the way. Congratulations! We will be keeping you in our prayers. Our little girl's name is Lilly also. We named her after Josh's great grandma Lillian. It sounds like you are really prepared with all the organization stuff. You will love that in the months ahead. I am so glad I found your blog!

Melissa (Melanie's sister) said...

I'm excited for you guys! Let me know if I can do anything to help!

Sherry Wermuth said...

Hi Sam and Hollee,
Hello from your Post Oak neighbors, Sherry and Bruce Wermuth. What a joy to follow your progress via your well-tended blog. You can count our prayers with the many others.
Congratulations on all the meticulous preparations you've made. We know the babies will be in very capable hands! Follow your instincts; you'll be great parents!
Let us know of what gifts you are still in need.
Our love always,
Bruce, Sherry and Chris Wermuth

Benitta said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Lucy

http://toddlergirls.net